I hate posts without pictures so check out these pajama pants I found for dd - they didn't fit so what to do? I'll explain at the end of this post.
Well, February flew by! With the olympics in Vancouver and Canada doing so well in them, we have been virtually glued to the tv at my house! Plus it is a short month of course - I can't believe it came and went so quickly. As you can see, I am already making excuses on why I haven't got further with my resolutions. Now to take a look at my progress...
1. Teach a class - I have actually submitted a proposal for teaching a crazy quilting class - not as hard as I thought when I sat down to do it! It looks like it will be accepted but I won't have firm confirmation or dates for the classes for a couple months. But - I consider this one a go! I am still having major butterflies at the thought of teaching but, God willing and if the creek don't rise, I'll conquer those when the time comes!
2. Make one Christmas present every two weeks - Still haven't got a start on next year's Christmas presents but there are several projects lined up and piled here on the table - does that count? lol
3. Start a whole crazy quilt - Still haven't started but my goal is sort of to get the blocks pieced, or a good number of them, before I go away this summer so I can work on them then. So, this one is a "kinda" in progress.
4. Enter four competitions? Well, I have a good start on one entry I need to get in at the end of March and have just found another that interests me so I'm doing okay here.
5. Submit two articles for publication - I have notes for one article I am going to write - just something very light I will get off shortly, and the germ of an idea for another. So, since I committed to myself to write two this year I'm well on my way!
6. One item a month for charity - not a darn thing done! I am working on a couple so may have to finish both of them and count them for Feb and March and since they are both half done I'm okay with this!
7. Stitch 15 minutes a day - doing much better on this one! I would say I am almost consistent now with this. Yay!!
8. Clean out the sewing room - well, I am happy to say that approximately 30 boxes of books have left the sewing room destined for the second hand book store, the thrift store and the library sale! It is a good start. In addition, approximately 10 boxes of stash have gone to the thrift store and several kits have been given to someone who might actually use them!
Wow! Now that I look at them I am actually quite pleased with the progress I have made with these goals. Let's see what March brings...
Ahhh.. still wondering about those pajama pants? Well, I bought them because I absolutely loved the colours - especially next to each other! So since they didn't fit dd, I refused to get rid of them. I have now cut them apart and in a few days I should be able to show you what I did with them - stay tuned! Gee, this is my first "teaser"!!